ROSNEDRA – The Federal Subsoil Resources Management Agency
According to the current law, the Federal Agency on Subsoil Use has functions to render public services and manage state property in the field of subsoil use.
In accordance with the Public declaration of the Federal Agency on Subsoil Use (Rosnedra) for 2017, the main tasks of Rosnedra are:
- Arrangement of the state geological subsoil study and activities to replace the Russian mineral base:
- Arrangement of the state geological subsoil study for the Russian Federation
- Geological subsoil study to ensure Russian geopolitical interests in the Arctic zone, the Antarctic Regions and the World ocean
- Replacement of hydrocarbons mineral base
- Replacement of non-fuel minerals base
- Organizational support of the state subsoil use licensing system.
- Arrangement and expert examination of information on proved mineral reserves.
- Review and coordination of project documentation for deposit exploitation.
- Collection, storage and provision of geological information for use.